The 2017 No Need Among You Conference will be held at Good Hope Missionary Baptist Church in Houston, TX from October 25-27.
The application deadline is Sunday, May 7, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m.
Workshop topics include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Business / Economic development / Social enterprise
- Christian community development (CCD): CCD principles / Transitioning to a CCD model
- CCD: Global context
- CCD: Youth programs & mentoring CCD tool kit: Asset based community development / Asset mapping / Community organizing / SWOT analysis / Etc.
- Diversity: Economic / Ethnic / Racial reconciliation / Social
- Empowerment: Financial literacy / GED & beyond / Job training / Leadership development / Etc.
- Health: Community health clinics / Food insecurity / Health care access / Hunger related issues / Etc.
- Incarnational living: Avoidance of burnout / Spiritual health
- Mobilization of Middle Class Christians
- Organizational management: Board development / Finances / Fundraising / Grant writing / Impact & outcome measurement / Leadership development / Marketing / Volunteer management / Etc.
- Physical and mental health
- Social issues: Commercial sex industry / Foster care & aging out / Gender equality / Homelessness / Immigration / Etc.
- Social justice: Affordable housing / Educational disparity / Immigration / Incarceration / Payday & auto title lending / Refugee resettlement / Etc.
- Understanding and addressing poverty within a suburban or rural context